Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BEAUTY IS MORE THAN SKIN DEEP!

I have never been what the "WORLD" considers ugly, yet I was gruesome. My mother would say to me Shania you are a pretty girl but your gruesome. I didn't understand what she meant so I asked her "momma what does that mean?" She said anybody can have natural beauty but true beauty comes from within and flows out. She said your attitude stinks and your mouth is bad you say anything without thinking or caring about others feelings. So I said okay momma I'm gonna act right, she said don't "ACT" right "BE" right. I didn't really get it until I read Matthew 23:27-28. I would try my best to "ACT" right but it never stuck and the reason I know today is that the outside of my cup was appealing to the natural eye but my insides were a wreck. And when your insides are a wreck no matter how much church one gets it won't stick for what's in the heart of man will come out. I my dear friends was a hypocrite! That's a strong word to relate one self with but the truth is setting me free. See I know the word of God but was not fully applying it to my life I was doing the things in which it says in my own strength plainly speaking I was ACTING the way God expected me to and didn't allow HIS word to transform my heart. Everyone was looking at me saying she sure does love the LORD and in fact I do. But I loved the wickedness in my heart too. I had to make a decision to be made whole. To but down the pointing of the finger and the facade I had built up and pray with a pure heart for GOD to make me over once again so I could "BE" what HIS word says I can "BE" and not continue being like the Pharisees appearing to be some saved sanctified woman of GOD knowing deep down it's all an "ACT". And when I was angered I would speak wicked things from my heart..Why? Because that's what was in there. Many people have this same thing going on in order to obtain HEAVEN GOD uses HIS word to direct us in the correct path. And will show us just where we need to be healed if we genuinely apply the word to ourselves and not use it to fix someone else. So as these days continue and I allow GOD to uproot the things that are displeasing to HIM that I my not sin against Him I am assured that the beauty that comes forth at the hand of GOD will be one that enables me to "BE" who HE says that I am....God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment