Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Good or Mischief?

There's a Proverb that states "He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour;but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him. This touched me because so many times in my life I sought mischief and indeed it came to my door. I wasn't looking for the good things and they didn't come to me until I humbled myself before GOD and sought HIS way. I have been guilty of desiring mischief for others and in return it came to me. Upon my 25th birthday I begin to seek GOD in a way that I had never done before. I always knew who GOD was and even had some knowledge about His word. But knowledge without understanding is dangerous because it causes one to place their knowledge in place of GODS. I desired to know GOD and HIS goodness,not what others told me I wanted to know HIM for myself. On this quest to have a relationship with GOD I found HIS favour for I began to seek out goodness instead of mischief. Don't get me wrong I still was involved in mischief but I was seeking goodness. With any good thing it takes time and diligence as the word says. I haven't given up on seeking goodness but I have given up on being mischevious. Because through my desire to find GOD he showed favour on me. When I realized that GOD was doing things for me I knew I didn't deserve there was no more need of me trying to fix things for myself. When I was trying to fix them myself I came up with mischevious plots to get things to happen my way. Instead of relaxing in the goodness of GOD. The word tells me if GOD be for you who can be against you. I had learned that GOD was for me and there was no need for me to put my hand in any matter one way or another. I diligently seek good that the favour of GOD may be on my life. Mischief today is a vapor that I'm glad has been taken away from me. I choose to rather TRUST GOD in ALL things, knowing that HE is for me and is favour is upon me. Will you believe GOD too?

No comments:

Post a Comment